What is a Vibration Controller?
The Essence of Vibration Control
1. User defines his vibration test requirement by entering his data into the vibration controller. This defines the frequency and amplitude content of the required vibration as is often specified by an industry standard such as a MIL STD or DEF STAN etc.
2. The vibration controller produces an initial drive signal.
3. The signal is amplified by a power amplifier that drives a shaker. An electro-dynamic shaker operates over a wider frequency range than a hydraulic shaker but a hydraulic shaker is capable of more force and displacement.
4. The Unit Under Test (UUT) is mounted on the shaker table. The vibration on the shaker table is measured using an accelerometer whose signal is fed back to the vibration controller.
5. A control algorithm within the controller computes the transfer function of the closed loop system and hence corrects the output drive signal such that the vibration on
the shaker table matches the user defined frequency and
Find out more about m+p international’s vibration controllers for vibration control on a shaker and shock testing.