DuPont: Improved Fire Safety with the Help of m+p Coda
We are proud to support our customer, DuPont, in the testing of Nomex®, a flame-resistant fiber used in protective clothing for firefighters, police officers, industrial workers and many others. m+p international supplies acquisition hardware and server systems with customized software based on m+p Coda for all of DuPont’s Thermo-Man® testing facilities, which are located in the United States (2), Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Brazil and Singapore.
Thermo-Man® is a life-size mannequin, equipped with 122 heat sensors and used to simulate exposure to a sudden fire. To analyze the protective performance of Nomex®, Thermo-Man® is dressed in test garments and then engulfed into flames.
Dr. Roger Parry, principal investigator with DuPont, comments: “Your folks have done a great job converting our software requirements specification into an efficient GUI that addresses our specific needs. We look forward to continue working with m+p as we further refine the Thermo-Man® software package.”
m+p Coda is our versatile solution for a wide range of acquisition, analysis and monitoring applications. It is scalable from 2 to more than 2,000 channels and supports Ethernet, USB and LXI-bus-based instrumentation. Features include powerful data management, real-time alarm monitoring and event handling, online data access from any networked PC, optional standalone operation, etc.
Thanks to its modular structure and easy parameterization, m+p Coda has extensive application coverage:
- Measurements and data analysis on test stands and test assemblies
- Temperature measurements supporting all standard thermocouple types and RTDs
- Performance and functional testing as well as condition monitoring of turbocompressors, turbines, jet and rocket engines, gearboxes and generators
- Experimental structural testing, multi-axis strain and stress analysis
- Process monitoring
- Vibration monitoring during shaker tests
See Thermo-Man® in action in this short video.